LSX Search Help Documentation
Installation from WordPress admin dashboard:
- Log into your WordPress admin panel and go to Plugins > Add new.
- Enter LSX Search into the search field.
- Click Install Now when you find the plugin
- Click Activate once the installation is complete
Download from WordPress.org:
- Go to the plugin page – https://wordpress.org/plugins/lsx-search/
- Click the Download button to download the zip file.
- Log into your WordPress admin dashboard and go to Plugins > Add new.
- Then click Upload plugin.
- Choose the zip file and click Install now.
- After installation is successful click Activate plugin.
Now you can configure the LSX Search plugin.
General Search Settings
LSX Search Integrates with the core WordPress search functionality. This allows you to choose the post types (eg: posts, pages, WooCommerce products etc) you wish to display in a users search results.
Options will appear depending on the third party plugins that you have installed on your website, e.g. WooCommerce, Sensei LMS, LSX Team, LSX Testimonials, LSX Videos, LSX Projects.
From the WordPress dashboard go to Settings > LSX Search. The search settings for all post types are controlled here. The following settings are available, configure the display settings, select your filters (facets), and then click Save Changes at the bottom.
- Enable search filters – check this to turn on the filters you have configured.
- Page layout – choose from theme layout, filters on left or filters on right
- Display excerpt – show the excerpt, if configured, for your search results.
- Enable post type label – this will add a post type label to the search results, i.e. post, page, product, video.
- Enable collapse – this will enable collapsible filters in the sidebar. You can click the plus sign to expand and minus to collapse.
- Display sorting – show a dropdown that sorts by date or alphanumeric.
- Disable the date option
- Display clear button – this enables a button to clear search results.
- Display result count – show the number of search results for your search term.
- Facets – choose what filters to show in the sidebar. The Facets will only display if you have configured facets using FacetWP. Follow the the FacetWP documentation to get started with FacetWP.
Blog Search Settings
LSX Extension Search Settings
The following LSX Extensions are compatible with LSX Search.
You can found out to install and configure LSX Extensions by reading through our help documentation.
Third Party Plugin Settings
LSX Search integrates with WooCommerce, Sensei LMS, and other LSX extensions. Settings vary slightly depending on the post type.
Remember to set up your filters in FacetWP before proceeding! If you are new to FacetWP and need to get it set up, follow this link – https://facetwp.com/documentation/
WooCommerce Shop search settings
Additional settings for shop:
- Results layout – choose between a grid or list layout for search results in your WooCommerce shop.
- Layout switcher – enable a layout switcher on the frontend for users to choose the grid or list view.