What’s it like working with the LightSpeed team?
Rather than pitching you a run-of-the-mill design straight away, we aim to understand your business, target market, and the goals of your website.
Phase 1: Discovery
The discovery phase is the most important step in building a website, it’s the foundation on which the rest of the site build is based on. We’ve got to learn as much as we can about you during this time, so the more engaged and involved you are, the better. We set clear expectations at the start of your project, compile a comprehensive scope and quote, and give you direct access to a dedicated project manager who will take good care of you every step of the way.
What is Discovery?
We guide you through a process were, with your help, we define your website needs and evaluate what is required in order for us to begin crafting your vision.
If you already have a website, we’ll review it to find opportunities for improvement. Once we’ve gotten to know you better, and we know what you’re hoping to accomplish with your website, we’ll be able to put together an effective plan of action to achieve your goals.
What to Expect?
- Questionnaires and shared Google docs to help us gather the relevant info
- Discussions via comments on Google docs to get the specifics right
- Review and audit of your current site(if you already have one)
- Presentation of documents detailing new site architecture, design briefs or project specifications
- Gathering of all assets – Logos, branding, images, product information, pricing, contact details
- Revision rounds requiring your timely approval
- Final document approval and prep for the design phase
Phase 2: Design
We take the information we’ve gathered from the discovery phase and start adding these to style guides, wireframes and full scale mock ups. We use these visual aids to fine tune the aesthetics and ultimately define the user experience.
What is Design?
The visual design of your website is the meeting place of typography, colour, imagery and copy. It’s essential in communicating your brands identity as well as delivering your websites objectives through a considered and specific user journey.
What to Expect?
- Discussion about your brand, CI and design goals
- Defined style guide that will inform the visual look and feel of the design
- Invitations to view design mock-ups via the InVision app
- Feedback rounds via the InVision app – You’ll be required to leave feedback and approve any changes
- Final design approvals and prep for Development NZ
Phase 3: Development NZ
We build a test site to focus on site architecture and flow, ensuring that you’re happy with the structure of the site.
What is Development NZ?
Your approved designs are translated into code and applied to the WordPress theme. Complicate integrations, functionality and technical coding is completed before global styles, colours and design elements are put in place.
Full circle testing is carried out, testing that the site is mobile responsive, functioning as expected and adhears to the approved designs. Then its all systems go to launch!
What to Expect?
- Fully functional website for you to test and edit in a staging environment.
- All pages from the design phase are built out and ready for review.
- You’ll be required to complete your own testing and leave any feedback
- Feedback will be assigned to a developer if the issue reported is with in the scope of the project
- Training and instructions on editing, managing and maintaining each page of your website
I want to work with LightSpeed!
Get in touch and let’s put our process into action